Sunday, July 14, 2013

George Carlin - On Religion


If you are very serious about your religion, then do not hit start on this George Carlin bit, it will only offend you. I usually post a religious piece on Sunday; music or something at least family related. This routine by Mr. Carlin in no way reflects my own religious views at all; but I like to think of this as sort of a variety day on my blog. At any rate, God is probably strong enough to take this in good humor, if not; then George Carlin; and possibly myself; are both in trouble!

I’m posting this because I think it’s funny and illustrates the difference between our American culture and that of the Middle East. If George Carlin had ever done a bit like this about Islam, his head would've been on a pike. I’m probably going do a couple of these posts, featuring comedians such as ex-pastor Sam Kinnison with his hysterical piece about why Jesus was never married and why he’s not coming back. I don’t necessarily agree with these performers in every aspect; actually I am an ardent believer in God; but I do find this sort of humor to be funny. And, once again, if you don't, then please do not hit that start button!

In addition, I felt that since I have posted so much religious themed stuff on Sundays, it was time to give the pagans a shot. If anyone is offended by this type of humor, please do not watch this; I would hate to lose anyone of the people who drop in here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment